Wednesday, September 7, 2016, Taft, OR


Wapiti RV Park is located 2 miles off of highway 101 and just at the southern edge of Lincoln City.  It was a very short drive to visit one of the original areas of town named Taft.  Being a small town there was free parking just steps away from the beach.

In 1968, the towns of Cutler City, Delake, Nelscott, Oceanlake, Taft, and Wecoma Beach were all combined and renamed Lincoln City.

I was looking up at the vacation houses on the bluff overlooking the waves and thought how nice it might be to own one of those. Strangely, I struck up a conversation with a guy walking his dogs who owned the very house I had been eyeing.  He enjoyed his time at the beach but lamented that he only got to spend a few months a year here while he had to pay for it year 'round.  That quickly reminded me why we travel in our vacation home.

This was the beach at the "Taft Historic District."

This was the most sedate group of Harbor seals.  I don't think I heard a single "honk" from any of them.


Yes, the water is that cold!



We were combing the beach for interesting rocks.  I don't know why this one caught my attention other than I thought it looked so much like a potato.  I named it "sea spud" and dropped it back into the sand.




I estimated we walked a total of two miles barefoot in the sand.  What I was surprised to see was a fresh sunburn on the previously white stripes on my feet usually covered by my flip flop straps.  




No comments:

Post a Comment