Saturday, September 24, 2016


Mornings like this make me happy I have a dog who demands his early morning exercise.  The trees were so thick at the Tillicum campground (part of the Siuslaw National Forest) that it looked dark under the trees at midday.  I also walked under the trees in a light rain and never felt a drop.  I'm just saying the trees were thick!


With a little better planning today we returned to Cape Perpetua at high tide.  The waves were very active. 


A lot of folks were willing to get up close and personal with Thor's Well. Maybe they worked for National Geographic.  I'm sure most of them got pretty wet.  I'm afraid my timing was off - I never caught one of the big sprays.




In the next inlet over, another hole in the rock would spout like a whale when waves blasted water up from below.  Appropriately enough, it was named the "Spouting Hole".  Again, my timing was never good enough to catch the really big blow, but it certainly was impressive to watch live.




No comments:

Post a Comment