Tuesday, September 20, 2016


I was up early and took a peek out the front window.  I tried to very quietly get Joani up, but after a quick peek she headed back under the warm blankets.  The Elk were so very skittish that just moving the curtains made them wary.  I settled for a picture through the dew covered front windshield.  I learned later that the big buck was a pretty rare sighting in the meadow.



We moved a little further south along the Oregon coast today (43.5 miles, 79,775.4 total) to a campground just north of Yachats.  You just have to forget there is even a "c" in the name - it's pronounced "YAW - hots". 






Our destination, a National Forest Service park (half price to us geezer) named Tillicum Campground, was a few miles north of Yachats located right on the beach.  As we were checking in, the park host said she didn't think we would fit into site 19 (it said 40 ft. when we made the reservation!).  The park was full so it was fit or find another park.  I had to work to squeeze into a spot that probably was never meant for a coach our size.  It was worth the trouble - the surf was breaking just across the road maybe a hundred yards away!

Our neighbor, Dave, was keeping an eye on me as I eased by his mirror with no more than a couple of inches of clearance.  I found I had quite an audience watching the parking exercise as evidenced by all of the comments we heard when we were finally tucked into our site.



 In places, a beautiful mixture of green, black and tan sand made fascinating designs.  It reminded me of the sand art the kids used to play with.


No comments:

Post a Comment