Saturday, July 20, 2013, Arco Atomic Days Celebration, Arco, ID


By a happy coincidence, we were in Arco, ID, for their annual Arco Atomic Days Celebration. It started on Friday with day 1 of the rodeo and some other various festivities. Saturday was the big parade and fair in the park. It started with the Sheriff flying a plane right down Grand Ave (the road our campground is on) and dropping a huge load of ping pong balls. Kids came prepared with grocery sacks to collect the falling balls and candy thrown from the parading vehicles. They could later take the ping pong balls to the Sheriff's office to claim a prize.

She told me she was asking them if this set up was a chick magnet.
Not sure what they answered.

It was still an hour before the parade started, but they had the best seats in the house!

It was a miracle that David caught the drop in action.
It happened so fast, I barely had time to turn on my camera and catch the plane as it flew almost out of sight.

The kids scrambled, as did a few adults!


 This is where we are staying (Mountain View RV Park)
and it might be the best park so far!

Can you read the park rules:
enjoy the sun (We are)
eat smoked spuds (We did - they were amazing)
read a good book (Someday, when we run out of things to do)
take a nap (I did, yesterday)
try the ribs (David did)
relax (We will)
make a new friend or two! (We always do! thanks to gregarious David)




Yum?? - I think I will stick to my potatoes baked

2 comments:

  1. Spud Fudge sounds disgusting. I'll stick to Mackinaw Island Fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You piqued my curiosity, so I Googled Mackinac Island Fudge and wow! There are 6 fudge shops on Mackinac Island and not one of them sells Spud Fudge!

    ReplyDelete