Sunday, July 14, 2013, Teton National Park, Jackson, WY


We headed out early in the morning to see a sunrise on the Tetons. The colors were beautiful and we were treated to a couple of elk who posed for us.

Teton National Park, Jackson Hole, WY





I count 12 points on this guy.

Across the street, this fellow never took his eyes off of me.
See the two in the background?  The one the right has a huge rack.

We started our hike from the south end of Jenny Lake. It was 2.5 miles to get to Hidden Falls. There was a boat ride that would have cut off 2 miles, but we would have missed a lot of nice hiking.








I googled "Lichen" images to try to identify these.
BEWARE! I wish I could 'unsee' some of that!

I want to come back in the fall someday and see these Aspens bursting with color.

Hidden Falls

I talked with this guy for a while and found out he was one of about 40 artists commissioned by the Park for the season. He thought it would take him a few hours to complete the painting - it took me about 1/40th of a second.

Painting at Hidden Falls

David does this a lot for people.  He's such a good guy!

This tree didn't die for lack of trying!


This little deer came out of nowhere - crossed the trail in front of us, walked past us and then crossed the trail again behind us. I think he wanted some attention.







I think this might have been my favorite shot along the trail!  



We walked up the Cascades Canyon Trail for about 1.5 miles from Inspiration Point - sorry Wes and Bev - we couldn't make it to Lake Solitude (that would have added 11 more miles). I estimate we saw between 100 and 200 hikers along the trail. Many of them were headed for Lake Solitude (it may have to be renamed with that many visitors).  

Joani was really happy to see a moose on our hike. It would have been nice if he had stood up for a picture, but it was not to be.


By the time we got back to Jenny Lake, we had more than 6 miles of hiking in, so we decided the boat ride back would be a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment